PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST - MICROBIOLOGY NEAR MONTVALE, NJ POSITION PURPOSE
Our Client is seeking a Microbiology team leader to elevate our scientific credentials and provide support to new product development in disinfection and antisepsis.
Primarily, the role supports new market launches with input across all facets of project progression including scientific insights, prototype assessment and registration testing to meet regulatory requirements. In addition, developing equity building studies that enhance companies current portfolio to provide a competitive edge in the healthcare and food service marketplace.
Be an agent of change by cultivating complex scientific research to enhance companies position as a trusted partner in infection control.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES Partern
with Industry and/or Academia to propose new scientific and behavioral research.
- Represent company in industry groups and technical committee meetings.
- Author white papers, scientific conference posters and peer reviewed journals.
- Supervise internal antimicrobial testing according to regulatory (EPA, FDA) requirements.
- Manage external studies.
- Actively seek new partnerships in both technologies and testing support.
- Develop Client methodologies in support of new product territories/claims.
- Maintain a pulse on Industry direction with respect to new claims
- Supervise and train two Microbiologists
- Manage the Microbiology laboratory in terms of supplies, equipment, workflow, health and safety.
- Core team member to the Environment of Care team (Surface Disinfection)
- Ph.D. in Microbiology or related sciences required
- EPA background strongly preferred
- Food safety background strongly preferred
- Rich Microbiology understanding.
- Demonstrate understanding of Good Laboratory Practices.
- Strategic thinking in a competitive landscape.
- 7+ years of R&D working experience
- Previous peer reviewed research in either food safety or disinfection preferred.
- Established network of potential partners in either academia or industry.
- Previous experience of wipes advantageous.
- Previous experience within the Healthcare or Food Service industry advantageous.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / written). Ability to explain science to management.
- Prudent risk taker. Identifies opportunities and takes risks to achieve objectives.
- Able to work on multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Able to influence cross-functional partners to gain support and alignment to ideas.
- Computer literate.
|NONE:||About 10% Lab and 90% office environment|
Associated topics: aseptic, bacteria, bio, bioinformatics, biology, biostatistics, genome, life science, metabolism, pathophysiology